Candle Care

Soy Candle Care & Instructions 

THE FIRST BURN IS MOST IMPORTANT. Upon lighting for the first time, make sure to burn long enough for the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the container. If the candle is not allowed to melt to the edge, especially on the first burn, a memory ring can form and make the candle tunnel for all future burns. This will drastically decrease your burn time and your fragrance throw for the life of your candle. 

TRIM THE WICK. Before lighting your candle each time, aim to trim your wick to 1/4 inch. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimise soot and remove any mushrooming of carbon on the end of the wick. 

BURN IT SAFELY. Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, keep it out of drafts and never leave it unattended while lit. Allow the candle to cool completely before handling. Do not burn candles for longer than 3-4 hours at a time. Keep out of direct sunlight, this prevents damage and discoloration to the wax. Keep candles away from children, pets and furnishings. Stop burning when there is 1/2 inch of wax remaining. Extinguish candle flame carefully using a candle snuffer or by blowing gently. 

CRYSTALS AND FLOWERS. Each candle will burn differently as the crystals and flowers move around in the softening wax. If you notice these are preventing an even candle burn you may choose to remove it carefully when the wax is soft, after you have extinguished the flame. Alternatively your crystal will sink down into the wax and when your candle is finished you can remove and clean your crystal at the end by washing with warm soapy water.

What is the white coating on my candle or wax melt? 

This is called Frosting. This is a unique and natural effect of using vegetable waxes, especially soy. The wax is trying to return back to its natural form and as a result it begins to crystallise. It doesn't affect the performance of the candle in any way and also means the wax is 100% natural. 

How can I keep my candles looking their best?

Keep your candles stored in a cool, dry place when you are not using them. All candles will discolour or fade when they are exposed to intense light for extended periods and wax will soften if exposed to high temperatures. Keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 inch and discontinue use once only 1/2 inch of wax remains.